Re: Topband: Pulse noise source help!

To: "Doc Khalsa" <doc@cybermesa.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pulse noise source help!
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:05:34 -0400
I have had a longstanding problem with pulse noise off my SW BOG. The pulses are ~5khz wide, ~1 to 1.5 S units in amplitude, are spaced every 12 khz, do not drift (one always right on 1825!), and extend from ~1700 to 2500 khz.

Not drifting at all indicates a system with a controlled clock frequency, like a digital system that is polling something. Some wells do this, as do alarms and other things. A friend of mine has a booster pump system for his well because the well is much lower elevation than his home, but his noise cycles off and on. A home lighting control system could do that.

The Direct TV system next door covers that bandwidth, but it is drifty because it is from the SMPS in the unit.

Sounds like you need a sensitive portable receiver.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK