Re: Topband: intersecting ground radials

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "Bob Kupps" <n6bk@yahoo.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: intersecting ground radials
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:14:50 -0400
While Im not in a high lightning area we do get some beauties plus Im on top of an exposed hill. The #18 insulated and stranded used on the old Beverages was fine when removed after 20 years and reused as were the same type that were relocated for raised radials. It was all part of a pair of 5000' reels I picked up at a hamfest in the late 80's for cheap since scrap was at the bottom and radial material wasnt popular yet. Finding large reels at any price these days at a hamfest is slim to none.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>