Re: Topband: DXCC Fairness

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DXCC Fairness
From: Felipe Ceglia <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:19:02 -0300
Being in PY1 land is just a tad better, but...

We have something extra... when its winter and band have low noise, there
is almost zero activity in northern hemisphere.
We have to operate in summer, copying stuff between static crashes, wild...

73,

Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB
PR1T team member /// Rio DX Group member /// Araucaria DX Group member
http://dxwatch.com /// http://reversebeacon.net /// http://riodxgroup.com

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>wrote:

> Talk about DXCC fairness -- it's FAR easier to work DXCC with a modest
> station anywhere around the Atlantic, or within 1000 km of it, than it is
> from the Pacific.  I've got a very nice antenna farm and have taken the
> time to become a competitive contester, but I am almost never able to work
> DXCC in a weekend contest, all bands combined. But guys on the east coast
> consider it trivially easy. The difference is especially striking on
> Topband -- there are often openings from EU to eastern NA, whereas we might
> HEAR a dozen signals a YEAR out here in California.  It took me four years
> to work 100 countries on 160, and two years later I'm at 125. I haven't
> heard EU for two years.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK