Re: Topband: CABLE CHOICE

To: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>, "TOPBAND" <TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: Topband: CABLE CHOICE
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:28:08 -0400
I am going to need to run a coaxial cable from a receiving system about 900 ft away from the shack. My first thought was flooded RG6, Commscope F660BEF, which would appear to have about 4 db of loss but then thought possibly some flooded RG11, MaxPipe S1D60PN-O-R1K, might be a little better. I could not find any loss specs on it. More money of course. Any input on this one? 73 Mike K4PI

I'd use an F11 style cable, with flooding compound, for that distance.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK