Re: Topband: Ground Screens - Another Small Space Option

To: zr@jeremy.mv.com, w9ac@arrl.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground Screens - Another Small Space Option
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:23:43 -0400 (EDT)
Rudy's latest article on small vertical efficiency for 600M,  published
this July, is very timely and reinforces some of the discussions  we've had.
Read and enjoy!

_http://rudys.typepad.com/files/600m-verticals-part-2-1.pdf_
(http://rudys.typepad.com/files/600m-verticals-part-2-1.pdf)

Paul, K5AF

In a message dated 9/26/2012 9:27:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
zr@jeremy.mv.com writes:

>> I've used screens when I needed a wide bandwidth  ground system, but
never
> under other conditions.
>
>  Adding a screen or preferably, additional short radials at the base will

> assist in stabilizing the resistance component of the vertical  radiator
> and capacitance across the base insulator as ground  conditions change
due
> to wx, seasonal ground moisture, etc.  The  stabilization effect is
> probably more important with directional  systems than it is for
> non-directional radiators and is common in AM  broadcast systems where an
> array is sited in a flood  plane.
>
> Paul, W9AC

A screen will result in much  stronger radiated power where it is wanted if
the antenna of any height is  over poor ground.

Carl
KM1H

UR RST IS ... ...  ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK