Re: Topband: Spurious Signal on 1810.8

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Spurious Signal on 1810.8
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:51:26 +0000 (UTC)

Gentlemen,

  I honestly thought that was a growler here at my house (typically caused by a
wallwart or TV) and had no idea that others were hearing it. Today I took
another look at it and opened up one of my favorite spectrum monitoring tools.
I recorded the spectrum as well as the audio.  Please note that at this
location FM19nm it shows clear 60Hz spectral lines and you can clearly see
descrete frequencies on the spectrum display.

Attached is a link on my WEB site where you can observe the spectrum (.JPG) and
an audio file (.WMV). These should be usable by most of our users .... I hope.

At my location I observed an S5 signal on my inverted L and when switching to
the Beverage (aimed at about 35 degrees) was S1.5

I hope this is what everyone is seeing and I am interested in finding this as
well..

Now does anyone have a signal about 1.836 there abouts?

Jim WA3MEJ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK