Re: Topband: K9AY - question

To: <er_araujo@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY - question
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:27:09 -0500
Hi Eddy,

Trees are OK! The first loop I built was hung from a tree limb. Also, a tree
will help hide the antenna from your neighbors (if that is a problem).

If you optimize the resistor for 160M (typically 390 or 430 ohms), the antenna
will have some F/B on 80M. It's not optimum, but it's good enough that I don't
switch the resistor for 80.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions -- direct or on the reflector.

73, Gary
K9AY
k9ay at k9ay dot com

___________________

Hi everybody, I would like to try K9AY antenna for this CQWW mainly for 160 but
after the contest I hope it to be usefull for 160 and 80.

Q1: would it be possible to use a tree as a central support without affecting
its performance? or would it be better to hang a rope between 2 trees and hang
the antenna from it ?

Q2: Should I optimize the resistor for 160 and replace it for both band
usage...isn't it ?

Many thanks in advance.... Eddy, LU2DKT
Remember the PreStew coming on October 20th.  http://www.kkn.net/stew for more
info.