Topband: RX splitter - ground common or not?

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RX splitter - ground common or not?
From: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:00:00 +0000
DX Engineering/s RSC-2 splitter appears to have all three antenna terminals
connected to a metal case;
i.e., the grounds are all connected together.

In ON4UNs  5th edition, he appears to recommend that the common connector (the
one to the
braid-breaker 7:5 matching transformer) not be tied to the grounds of the two
output connectors,
and shows a picture of his splitter/combiner which appears to be in a plastic
box.

Should I construct my RX splitter with all three shields connected together,
or should I isolate the common (middle) feedline shield from the other two?
This is to be used in the shack to feed tor receivers.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ
Remember the PreStew coming on October 20th.  http://www.kkn.net/stew for more
info.