Topband: 160 meter elevated vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 meter elevated vertical
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:41:46 -0400 (EDT)

I'll be putting up a T-top elevated vertical for 160 in the next couple of
days. The baser will be around 60 ft above ground and the Tee (about 40
feet  long will be at about 170-180 ft...depending on the caternary sag. There
will be  4 radials at 90 degrees to each other.

Question: Any type of balun necessary with this? Or is it good to go. I'm
using RG58 to feed it to keep the weight low on the caternary to avoid say
but  could wind something on a four inch PVC.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS
Remember the PreStew coming on October 20th.  http://www.kkn.net/stew for more
info.