Re: Topband: Stew Perry Warm Up

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Warm Up
From: Björn SM0MDG <bjorn@sm0mdg.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 00:30:34 +0200
On 21 okt 2012, at 11:32, Cormac Gebruers <ei4hq.mail@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Stew Perry warm up. View from the EI4HQ chair (operating EI100T):
>
> It was lonely :-( Whether it was the effects
> of the M class flare at 1815UTC or something else, I had lost the will to
> keep fighting by early morning and bailed out at that point.

Thanks for the QSO yesterday Cormac (and anyone else in my log),

Topband was weak here in SM, not many DX logged in SP. Longest distances were
RC0F in the East (7183 km) and FM5CD in the West (8062 km). A few UA9 and A65BP
also made it into the log. I head KV4FZ, KK3AN and K1LT in my sunset, but none
of them got my call, I guess it was noisy in their end.

I used an 18 meter top loaded vertical with two elevated radials, 1 kW and was
listening on my two pennants facing N/E and N/W.

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X

Remember the PreStew coming on October 20th.  http://www.kkn.net/stew for more