Topband: The State of the Union

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: The State of the Union
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:58:15 -0400
Hi All,

Well, I'm happy to report that Sandy wasn't quite the "...Frankenstorm" that
the media predicted it would be in these parts...

...Still, having said that, we did lose the better parts of three mature trees,
and we were at a loss for electricity for some 12 hours. By comparison to NYC &
NJ, we here in "VE3"-land are a blessed bunch, for sure.

No damage, or ill-effects, were suffered whatever by any of the 160-meter wire
creations that are cradled in our trees, thank goodness.

I wish conditions on the band would at last come alive: I listen to the likes
of AA1K, VE1ZZ, VO1NA and others in the morning, all calling "CQ DX", in hopes
of actually hearing some DX respond---but no such luck!

I hope this is NOT a sign of things to come on Topband...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ