Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna
From: Buck wh7dx <wh7dx@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:00:24 -1000
I'll look into the chicken wire.  I heard about that.   That sounds good.  I
should be able to run it to the right and left of the terminated end.   Stick a
piece of copper in the ground too.. some wires.. a few long ones...  :-)

On the feed line I can use some of the same, just not as much is necessary.

Because of my location, I can't put up a 100' tower.   I'm using the largest
tree over my wall for the dipoles.

What I can do is install a self-supporting vertical on the back side that isn't
very visible from the street.

Something like this?   I have a Henry's Aluminum Coated Roof... I wonder how
that would act as a ground?  60+ gallons put on within that last year.   Run a
sprinkler on it for the contests.. hahaha

http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/Product.php?productid=MA-160V

Put an antenna to the left of the hex beam...  run some radials over the wall
up the mountain?   Copper strap to roof?

Looks like I'm going to play with the Dipole and Beverage for a while and then
probably pull the dipole down and put up something like the MA-160V in the
future?

Use RG-6 line in the future and run another Beverage in the opposite direction
- NW.

The bottom photo shows where I would put it...   on left of hex beam.  I don't
think Hex would be a problem.. only about 20 feet away though.   I can get
Vertical over Hex is needed.

http://www.qrz.com/db/WH7DX

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is
proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it ends up, and will
almost certainly contain information that will offend a large portion of the
population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the intended lucky
recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without the
proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are notified that any
thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely your choice. In such
case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was charged for receiving
this email and all funds were given to some family somewhere in America or the
U.N....  Have a nice day.