Re: Topband: phasing line lengths for phased verticals

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: phasing line lengths for phased verticals
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:18:53 -0500

> > 1. for 80m phased verticals that are 1/2 wave apart (66 feet),

That is 1/4 wave separation - not half-wave.  One half wave on 80 is
roughly 139 feet (984/3.55/2 = 138.6 feet).

Since you are using 1/4 wave spacing and a PVS-2 (which is a quadrature
device if I remember correctly), two /14 wave cables (about 54' each
when the velocity factor for foam is included) should *easily* reach
the midpoint of the array.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV