Topband: Need to move my hi-Z triangle

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Need to move my hi-Z triangle
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:41:05 -0500
I've got QRM around the house. I haven't identified where it is
coming from but between Amtraks overhead power lines 100' away and a
confluence of HV overheads & perhaps a plasma set or two nearby, I
have to move my Rx antenna. I've killed the power to the house & ran
the K3 from battery power and the problem still exists. I tried
putting a 17M inv on the roof and the QRM was S6 which explains why
the Hi-Z 50' away was much louder on 160 than the Tx antenna 350'
away. (Looks like I have to keep using the 80M vert for 17M).

The only place I can relocate the Hi-Z is fairly close to my
160/80/40/30/20M wire antennae where they all connect to the center
of the radial hub. I'm guessing one element of the Hi-Z triangle will
be somewhere around 60-80' of the hub.

The Tx antennae get selected by an Ameritron remote coax switch. I
have an ICE 196 limiter in the Rx line which does a fine job of
keeping excess Rf signal getting back to the K3 on transmit, the K3
has no overload issues with it in line and when I had another ham's
antenna 60' from the Rx ant, there was significant overload to the K3
Rx till I installed the limiter.

Only one of the Hi-Z elements will be this close (60' - 80')to the Tx
antennae and since the ICE 196 is working well, is there anything
else I need to like detune the Tx antennae & if so, how do I best do
that with 5 wire antennae? I have one coax running 350' to a choke
just before the remote coax switch and the 5 coaxes run 8' to the
radial plate & their respective antennae.

Thanks,

Gary
KA1J