Re: Topband: Pennant Transformer

To: "topband@contesting.com List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pennant Transformer
From: Björn SM0MDG <bjorn@sm0mdg.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:35:07 +0200
On 14 nov 2012, at 22:42, VO1HP <fdavis@nfld.net> wrote:

> --- so for  two turns I do this:
> one turn is: -  up through one side and down through the other side.
> another turn is - continue up one side and down through the other
> --- that makes two turns...is that correct?
>
> Winding 7 turns would follow same procedure winding the wire over the primary
> wire
> and have the leads out the opposite end of the core from the primary?
>
> I hope you can follow my primitive description.  Am I on the right track?

Too me that looks correct.

If you use enameled CU wire be careful if the edges of the core are sharp, then
might scratch the insulation open.

I use an antenna analyzer to verify my transformers once they're done and
mounted into their housing. Just put the 900 ohm resistor on the loop side of
the transformer an measure the impedance on the coax side.

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X