Re: Topband: Topband season dismal from Colo so far....

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband season dismal from Colo so far....
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:41:23 -0800
On 11/26/2012 4:18 PM, BP Veal wrote:
Not hearing a lot this season, yet,

You must not have been on the air over the weekend! Saturday night I worked HK1NA, D4C, VP2MMM, several others from the Caribbean. HK1NA was really loud from about 0130Z to at least 0900 although he didn't hear very well. I also heard, and called a lot without success, C5A and EL2A. They were not very loud, but C5A was copyable here until he went QRT at his sunrise (about 0715Z). Several guys from AZ and OR worked him, and quite a few guys in W9 and W0. A few nights before I worked someone at the PJ2T station and a JA. I don't know about Friday night -- I was working 20M at W6YX. The season has gotten off to a very nice start for me, at least, with with three new countries on 160M -- RI1ANF, PT0S, and HK1NA. That brings the total worked from my CA QTH to 129 in the six seasons since I've lived here in CA.

73, Jim K9YC
Santa Cruz, CA