Re: Topband: Remote SDR Receive only setup

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote SDR Receive only setup
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:57:02 -0500
On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 19:36 -0600, chacuff wrote:
> I can understand the practical application for casual DXing but are there
> not issues with using such remote RX sites and counting the contacts for
> DXCC and for Contesting?
>
> Cecil
> K5DL

Hi Cecil,

I believe I have seen rules in some contests (ones I'm interested in
operating) prohibiting use of things like remote receive sites and the
online aids. To me, using a remote site for working other stations over
the phone lines I might as well just call them on the phone or chat
right here on the internet. Just my own preferences. YMMV

However, it might be useful to listen for my own signal on a distant
receiver as part of checking my station. So I am trying to take some
notes here. Listening for myself on one of those receivers would give me
a little more that what I can get from the Reverse Beacon Network.

73,

Bill  KU8H