Re: Topband: DX WINDOW

To: Milt -- N5IA <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX WINDOW
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 20:57:29 -0500
Hi Milt,

It sure helps me. I don't make any bones about new to 160. My antenna
and my transmitter have been giving me a lot of grief so I have had only
a few QSOs...maybe a couple dozen. I am not a "seasoned professional" on
top band. I'm just an amateur. My license even says so (evil grin). So
far when I have tried to get on the air, "reasonable amateur practice"
has kept me out of serious trouble. Lots of listening and a query before
using a "vacant" frequency. I know what a pileup sounds like so even if
I can't hear the DX I know (s)he is around.

It's helpful when in Rome to know what the Romans do.

73,

Bill  KU8H