Topband: Delaware report

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Delaware report
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 09:45:08 -0500
Saturday morning JR7VHZ called in 10 minutes past sunrise for our first JA QSO of the season.

Previous recent years this has happened as early as late August or mid-September. Although this year my work schedule has me leaving the shack well before sunrise one or two days a week, so I may have missed an earlier opportunity.

I could also copy JA0MVW 20 minutes past sunrise, though no QSO resulted.

Today, we heard JA7NI starting around 1000z but no QSO. Also later copied RU0FM and DU1IST.

In the past week or more -- including the ARRL 160 contest -- it seemed the transmit vertical arrays were hearing better than the Beverages in many cases. Not sure what to make of that yet.

73/Jon AA1K