Topband: : antenna question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: : antenna question
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 11:59:37 -0800
once upon a time a long time ago i saw somewhere in a magazine or book,
or maybe someone told me, or i heard at a ham club meeting or flea
market, or i had a dream while in heart surgery, or my wife told me that
a 300 ohm TV twin lead dipole is not all twin lead, but the twin lead is
shorter than a half wavelength  and at each end a wire continues to make
half wavelength length of the dipole.

anyone do a dipole this way? or heard or read etc etc about this
technique?

thanks

mike w7dra

and..................the half wavelength of a dipole by formula is 468/f,
468/1.8=260 * TV twin lead veolcity factor of .8 or so would bring down
the half wavelength to a little under 215 feet.................
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/50c4edd0677896dcf7a91st01vuc