Re: Topband: Fw: Re: : antenna question ...this is notgoingtodieqiuite y

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Re: : antenna question ...this is notgoingtodieqiuite yet....................
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:05:11 -0500
Fortunately it is true since I stipulated qualified people as in plural.

That is not true. Accuracy is not determined by a vote or opinion poll.

I can give dozens of examples, but one that comes to mind is use of a balun on the input of an unbalanced network tuner. That was popularly accepted when initiated, is still argued today as a good idea by respected members of the ARRL staff and others, but is easily proven a bad idea with analysis and/or measurements.

Popularity or mass agreement is not an indicator of accuracy. Only measurement and accurate analysis ensures accuracy.

73 Tom