Re: Topband: Antennas

To: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antennas
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:52:11 -0700
Some of us have little choice for low band antennas. I am currently using a
Tarheel 200A screwdriver antenna with a 24' whip in an HOA neighborhood.
That gives me a 30' base loaded vertical over 90 radials (12 to 24 ft
long). The input impedance 160 meters is 13 ohms and with a radiation
resistance of 1.3 ohms the radiation efficiency is 10%. With 500 watts I
have worked all continents and have fun on top band. While I don't have a
big signal the real problem the S-9 receive noise.

    Dave WX7G