Topband: Lowband conditions from New England (24-DEC)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Lowband conditions from New England (24-DEC)
From: "N1SV" <n1sv@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 14:24:35 -0500
I didn't have a lot of available time to operate last night but was
pleasantly surprised to see how very good low band conditions were here in
New England.  Both ZS6EZ & ZS1JX were 599 here at their local SR (~0330z) on
80m CW.  Signals from EU on topband were not as strong as the previous night
(or maybe there was just not as many stations active at that time)?  What
really knocked me over though was V5/DL3DXX who was a real 579 here at his
SR (0408z).  I would not have expected conditions like this being as close
to the top of the solar cycle as we are.  But I guess that tells you
something about this solar cycle doesn't it!

Les, N1SV

Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.