Re: Topband: Need help to improve DX on 1/2 acre lot from CA(kr6c@juno.c

To: "'Raoul Coetzee'" <raoulcoetzee@yahoo.com>, "'Greg Chartrand'" <w7my@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Need help to improve DX on 1/2 acre lot from CA(kr6c@juno.com)
From: "Lennart M" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:36:23 +0100

"
Ämne: Re: Topband: Need help to improve DX on 1/2 acre lot from
CA(kr6c@juno.com)

I agree with most, but be careful not to be louder on TX than you can RX!
Easy to achieve from a small lot with loads of qrn and qrm, ask me.
Allso there is a point where your ouput power "flat top", and dont show any
reward. I think Top W8JI found the same years ago.
Still, you you can have lots of fun.
73
Raoul ZS1REC, DXCC from 40m x 20m, lots of dedication,wasted qrn nights and
red eyes."

Greetings Raoul and all. I agree with you Raoul!
Going back many years in my Telecom work we used the term "balanced link
budget" meaning just what you are saying. It is a waste of power, frequency
use and time to use more power than needed (and that goes for each
direction).
No point in running several kW if you cannot copy the station you are
calling.

73 and I do hope 160 is catching up, this morning in Eu was a disaster.
Len
SM7BIC

Topband Reflector