Topband: problems with RFID-key-cards / transponder door locks in Hotels

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: problems with RFID-key-cards / transponder door locks in Hotels ?
From: "Carsten Dauer" <carstendauer@carstendauer.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:19:34 +0100
Hi Topbanders

I own a hotel and we are going to buy 45 new doors with RFID-Cards/
transponder locks.  ( you know those cards, being held near the door lock
terminal to open.

Not those magnetic ones you slide through)

I am running QRO and the antennas are within 20m-30m from the building. Can
I run into big trouble with this type of locks ?

The ones offered to me operate at 13,56 MHz, which is stated to be a
worldwide standard.

I think they work with the magnetic field?  Inductive coupling.

http://www.hafele.com/us/products/4894.asp

Anyone living near a hotel and having trouble with either QRM from the door
locks or blocking the door lock during contests / transmitting ?

Those locks are also used in offices, so they are used quite often.

Thanks for any help.

73 Tom  DL2OBO   www.dl2obo.de

BTW:   I am still looking for other FCP Users for my FCP-User-Listing
http://www.dl2obo.de/FCP_info.html

Please send me your Call, Name and URL to your website to be listed.

Topband Reflector