Re: Topband: ALUMANIZED STEEL

To: Mike Greenway <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject: Re: Topband: ALUMANIZED STEEL
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:15:57 -0800
Bought some, but what I received is so hard it is near impossible to bend. The 9ga solid Al fencing wire seems like a better alternative, although I've been using the 13ga for elevated radials. They claim a 30ksi yield strength so compared to soft steel at 38ksi it should stand up. Relative to 80 to 100ksi hard wire it won't.

Even the solid Al wire has a strong winding memory so it takes some care or better two people to string it without kinks.

Grant  KZ1W