Re: Topband: Problem with compression F connectors on Quad RG-6

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Problem with compression F connectors on Quad RG-6
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 21:13:14 -0600
I'm sure most of you know this already, but there are different compression
F-connectors for ordinary RG6 and for quad-shield RG6.  I use "Ideal" brand
connectors with matching compression tool, and there is a color-coded band
for the two types of cables (blue for RG6 and black for quad-shield). It is
not always easy to find the installation instructions, but for quad shield
especially, it is very important to follow the directions so as to make sure
the multiple aluminum foil and braided shields make appropriate contact at
the connector, just as Tom cautions.
73,
Jim W8ZR

W8JI