Re: Topband: "New beverage"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: "New beverage"
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:38:42 -0400

Electronically both directions are "full length" ... I suspect the
design is similar to the one shown about half way down the page here:
http://kw2p.blogspot.com/2010/08/kw2p-beverage-antenna-designs.html

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 5/16/2013 1:19 PM, Ron Spencer wrote:
After looking at their literature it appears to me that this is nothing
more then two beverages, one in each direction, with the "feed unit"
being, perhaps,  a couple relays. I don't see the merit in using RG6 as
the beverage wire: its heavy, will need more supports, and compared to
other solutions, perhaps more expensive. And the fact that the feed unit
can be placed anywhere along the antenna? I must be missing something
clever because all that would seem to do is make one direction's wire
longer and the other shorter?

Ron
N4XD
All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.
Topband Reflector