Topband: Ferrite Source

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Ferrite Source
From: dospicos@q.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 18:29:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks

A month or so ago, I inquired of the reflector , for a source for 31 material
ferrite cores.  Many responded both on and off the reflector. I thank you all
for your input.  You can be sure I checked out your suggestions.

From my point of view the very best suggestion was  Kreger Components
1360 Roanoke BLvd  Salem, VA  24153.  Or on the web at          www.  krege
rcomponents.com   Phone is 540 389 6565.   I talked to "Sherry"  on my first
contact. She is the inside sales manager.  I  found her to be easy to work
with, and happy to be involved with a small lot purchase. What is small
you ask?  Their webpage indicates a hundred dollar minimum.  My order was about
225 dollars. It was a combined order with another local ham.

They have a very extensive stock and update their catalog every day, so you
wont run into out of stock replies. Specifically?  The large type 31 core, we
commonly know as FT240-31 is priced at $6.25 each in small lots. Thats the
cheapest I found anywhere.

 Communications were excellent. Shipping was ultra quick and very well packed.
It arrived today.

Kreger Componets was first suggested by Charlie Cunningham . Several others
followed on and confirmed their great reputation ..as Im doing .

73 Dean  W5PJR

Tijeras, NM
All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.
Topband Reflector