Re: Topband: BOG antenna

To: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG antenna
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:10:10 -0400
Same here for about 3-4 years now with the first one I tested. OTOH its down quite a bit on the real low angle signals. Experimenting with a 2 wire and maybe some phasing.

Carl
KM1H

Noticed many storms have caused rain static on every ham antenna except my BOG. The BOG was very quiet and hearing stations in its normal manner.. I did hear a slight trace of something in there, one time when the noise was screaming on other antennas. Another local 160 meter DXer reported similar reception on his BOG. Wonder how many others have observed the same?

Thanks in advance,
73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes/index.html
All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.