Re: Topband: Problems with my DX Engineering RTR-1 receive antenna switc

To: "'Mark Lunday'" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Problems with my DX Engineering RTR-1 receive antenna switch
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:22:45 -0400
All, thanks for the offline suggestions.  I spoke with DX Engineering (Rod)
and received the usual OUTSTANDING customer support.  It appears that the
static surge suppressor protection circuit has failed and will require
repair.  This is as designed for the protection circuit, and is a lot
cheaper than the rig taking the voltage.

I am wondering what other folks do for their receive antennas to protect
their rigs.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4elg@arrl.net