Re: Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo betta than shorter versions??

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo betta than shorter versions??
From: Jim GM <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 10:33:48 -0500
W8Ji is right with his analogy about the extended dipole.

We used a 40M extended dipole for a few years on Field Day.  Our closest
guess was we had about 1 to 2 db over a 1/2 dipole on 40m in USA. Maybe we
had a lousy ground the the extended dipole over came that as W8JI had said.

I believe the lobes on 40 and other bands for this antenna was to our
advantage for East West propagation. One of our team members looked into it
more.

--
Jim K9TF