Re: Topband: 160m Inverted L High SWR

To: Bill Stewart <cwopr@embarqmail.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Inverted L High SWR
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 15:52:40 -0500
This is the feedpoint choke I use on mine. Based on an effective K9YC
design (thank you, Jim!).

http://www.w0btu.com/files/antenna/160m_inv-L/

The 4 stacked cores are 2.4" OD #31 Fair-rite (7 bucks ea. from Mouser).
The coax is flooded quad-alum-shield F-6 (RG-6).

Just do it. :-)

The discolored 33K Ohmite OX resistor across the top spark gap --between
the inverted-L and the two elevated radials-- may have overheated due to
feeding the antenna on another band. I really don't know for sure.

This should help answer a lot of questions I've received concerning some of
my posts here last month.

And it all takes the legal limit on 160.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Bill Stewart <cwopr@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Question 2: there was also mention of using a choke at the feed point.
> Recommendations were 30T of 9913 on 8" dia & 30T of RG8 on 6" dia.

Topband Reflector