Re: Topband: More on two wire Bevs

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: More on two wire Bevs
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 12:40:56 -0500
Bill,

For a bi-directional Beverage, the termination resistor does not go at the
far end, regardless of whether you feed it with one coax or two. A
reflection transformer goes at the far end, and two other transformers go
at the feed end.

They can be put one above the other, but I would not do it at a 12" spacing
as it could cause unbalance and a degraded F/B ratio. We have an
explanation about that at
http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html#How_far_apart

73, Mike

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM, <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com> wrote:

> Planning on putting up 880 footers.  One for NE/SW and the  other NW/ SE.
> I'm not planning on using relays etc for these, just  planning on running
> two wires parallel to each other for the 880 feet with the  usual xfrmr on
> one
> end and a terminating resistor on the end for each parallel  Beverage.
> They will be approximately 10 feet above the  ground. What is the minimum
> spacing required  between the parallel  wires for good performance?  Can
> they be
> spaced above each other ...perhaps  a foot apart?  Ideas?

Topband Reflector