Topband: Very quick noise location

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Very quick noise location
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 18:49:39 -0700
Had been having a weird buzzing noise on the band - which should up on the
panadapter with wavy bands of noise moving around in frequency.  The noise
blanker would but it down pretty well (on my Elecraft K3) - but this was
new.

It was loudest when the TX antenna was pointing back to the house.

Had an old transistor radio laying around - so walked around the house and
after a few minutes - found it was a small fluorescent lamp we have in the
kitchen above the stove.  I turned it off - and the noise stopped.  Turned
it back on and it wouldn't light up!!  Obviously - it was starting to fail
somehow.

Thought I would share in case someone else happens to be dealing with a
similar issue.

73 Tree N6TR
Topband Reflector