Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: "'Victor A. Kean, Jr.'" <vkean@k1lt.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 00:07:54 -0400
Africa maybe?? Or maritime?

Charlie, K4OTV

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Victor A.
Kean, Jr.
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:57 PM
To: topband@contesting.com

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:37:57 PM Tim Duffy wrote:
> There appears to be a second carrier coming from the same direction on
> 3503.1. It is not as strong as the one on 3501.4. So whatever is going on
-
> two steady carriers are on the low end of 80 CW.

Both carriers peak on my 150 degree Beverage as well.  So either
the source is far away from me and Tim or my direction finding is
lousy.

The carriers vary in strength in a pattern that does not seem like
QSB.  The strength varies by about 15 db over about 30 seconds,
watching the P3 and timing by counting (meaning very rough).

Victor, K1LT
Topband Reflector

Topband Reflector