Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:04:26 -0400
Funny that this should come up. My daughter Lina is part of the crew on the
SSV Corwith Cramer, sailing (135ft, 2-master) that left Woods Hole, MA on
October 13, sailing due south to Bequia (the Grenadines) and finishing up
in St. Croix.

This is a scientific (i.e., research)  vessel --Lina's and environmental
sciences student). While ship has lots of electronics, I haven't been able
to find any specifics other than that they have Inmarsat phone and data,
and an Argos satellite transmitter (beacon) on a buoy.

We'll be meeting her in St.Crox in 3 weeks. I'll I'll look around and find
out what they have.

The latest position I have for them is

Thursday 31 October 2013
Position: 20° 33.4’ N x 058° 45.4’ W
Heading: 174° True
Speed: 5.5 knots, motor sailing under the two staysy ls
Weather: Wind ESE Force 4, cumulous and cirrus cloud cover, air temperature
29.5°C

Yesterday:

Wednesday 30 October 2013
Position: 22° 30.5’ W x 58° 39.2 ‘W
Heading: 174° True
Speed: 3 knots, sailing under all fore and aft sail
Weather: Wind SE Force 3, Swell 6 feet

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC