Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW -BTW

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW -BTW
From: <mikefurrey@att.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:12:00 -0400
Or look for the North Star at night.

From: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 1:21 PM
To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>

Or a compass laying on a camera tripod, and an up-to-date magnetic
declination map (Google it).

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Charlie Cunningham <
charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com> wrote:

 ... by using a solar determination of true North.
The way  that I do it for my antenna arrays is:

1.0  Use a weather site to determine local sunrise and sunset times for
your
location on the day that you are going to make the determination.

2.0 Split the difference to determine the time for your local solar noon.

3.0 At the time of your local solar noon, a vertical shaft (determined by
plumb line or spirit level) will cast a shadow that points to true North.
(Best done on sunny day of course!)

Topband Reflector

Topband Reflector