Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 21:10:23 -0400
Based on Tom's bearing, the source is clearly not in the Carolinas as a few
have specuilated.

Charlie, K4OTV

You can be absolutely sure it is not in or anywhere near NC.

My heading can't be more than a few degrees off. This closely matches Jerry's line, his line is just west of mine and almost parallel.

The only issue is the multipath the signal had near sunset, but I think I got a pretty good average at 130 degrees true from me. (EM73XB or EM73XC). A second reading later in time is always best to double check, but the signal went away.

73 Tom
Topband Reflector