Re: Topband: Blowing diodes on relay switches

To: "'w8ji@w8ji.com'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Blowing diodes on relay switches
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:12:46 +0000
I think you raise a good point Tom. I know I have some RF in the shack
especially when running the amplifier on 10M which has been happening a lot the
past few months. The computer sometimes reboots and USB and audio peripherals
go wacky. With the switch diodes dying during a big RTTY test on 10M maybe my
transmit signal just in the shack could do in the diodes etc.

The bypassing of control voltages is just some dinky 50V .01uF monolithic
ceramics, and the inductance in the isolation transformer windings.

Right now I have a rats nest of coax, each cable way too long, daisy chaining
rig to switchbox to amp to switchbox to tuner to antenna. Computer, USB, video,
audio, and footswitch wiring is all tangled up too. Maybe should just clean
that!

Tim N3QE