Topband: Fw: DXCC Desk?

To: <Herbs@vitelcom.net>
Subject: Topband: Fw: DXCC Desk?
From: "Dave Novoa W4DN" <dnovoa@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:59:59 -0500
Herb, Where did you get that information: "...hams in Puerto Rico had decided to join the IARU as a distinct and unique entity apart from the U.S. and the creation of a private DXCC location ..."? You know that I was the person who brought Desecheo to the DXCC list and led the first legal DXpedition to the Island. Well, that was over 30 years ago, and this is the first time that I hear that statement.
Who decided to join the IARU? When? What evidence do you have of that?
Dave, W4DN
Ex-KP4AM
Topband Reflector