Re: Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:34:19 -0500
On 2013-12-04, at 10:55 AM, Mike Waters wrote:

> I know, it's a little late to be asking this, but does anyone have any
> suggestions for a free, simple logging program that will work for the ARRL
> 160 this weekend? It would be nice if it also worked for the Stew Perry at
> the end of the month?
>
> I don't care about rig control or anything like that. Just logging and dupe
> checking.
>
> I just tried CT for DOS (ran it in a DOS emulator in Linux), but it looks
> like it has a learning curve. And besides, its seems that you have to enter
> the call AND grid before it reports a dupe.
>
> I was going to modify an old DOS Pascal logging program I wrote years ago,
> but that wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. The Turbo Pascal 3
> compiler floppy seems bad, and the Pascal code won't run under newer
> version of any Pascal IDE I tried.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> 73, Mike
> www.w0btu.com

Hi Mike,

I am FAR from being ANY sort of a "computer friendly" kind of a guy, believe
me...!

But I have found "SD"---by EI5DI---to be THE easiest computer logging programme
to use:

http://www.ei5di.com/

Newer versions will cost you, but the older ones (which I believe you can still
download) are free...and I have used them successfully many times in the past
for a number of 160-meter contests...

Good luck, & vy

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ