Re: Topband: grounding the ends of radials

To: "'Bob Eldridge'" <r.c.eldridge@ieee.org>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: grounding the ends of radials
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:15:55 -0500
But why "ground" the end of a bare buried radial that's already buried in
the ground??  Probably be more effective to just soak the area with Calcium
Chloride or something!

A radial network of elevated resonant radials is NOT a "non-resonant
counter-poise". In fact an 80m 1/4 wave vertical or a 160m inverted L each
with a few elevated resonant radials are just a "ground-plane" antennas, for
Pete's sake!  And its properties are well known and documented and have been
for
decades!  (but some people much prefer "dirt"!)

"If you believe- no proof is necessary. If you don't believe - no proof is
possible"!   FWIW

73,
Charlie, K4OTV