Re: Topband: 8Q7BM on Topband

To: "topband@contesting.com List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 8Q7BM on Topband
From: Björn SM0MDG <bjorn@sm0mdg.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 11:43:26 +0500
Finally I got a decent opening from 8Q to EU last night. A few cluster spots
might alos have helped to spike the interest and I logged more than 60 stations
in bursts between 1500z and 2100z, 1700-2100z being the best hours.

SK3W is the only skimmer to report my signals and SNR peaked at 42 dB @ 2006z.
This should be a good time for Northern EU to listen for me tonight.

We are departing on Monday afternoon. Depending on our sea plane flight
schedule from the island to Male I might be able to keep the station up and
running until my Sunrise on Monday. If not I will have to take it down Sunday
before Sunset. If not tonight and tomorrow will be the last activity. will know
more tomorrow.

I plan to be active after dinner which is around 1500z for an hour, then be
back later around 1700 or 1800 and continue to around 2100. Then I will be on
again in my SR from around 0000-0130. If you hear me please spot or inform
others who might be interested. I have no access to the internet at the
bungalow/station, so I am not able to exchange any information while active.

QSL via M0URX and LoTW.

GL!

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG