Topband: SUCCESS! Re:Control cable black conductors

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: SUCCESS! Re:Control cable black conductors
From: Dave G4GED <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:23:12 +0000

WOW! thanks for all the advice guys.
Lots of suggestions...
Coca cola, Viakal, Phosphoric acid, Lime scale remover, white vinegar, Tarn-X...

Well I didn't have the other formulas to-hand but always have plenty of Coca Cola! Soaking the conductor-ends overnight in Coke did the trick. All copper bright and shiny next morning! Gave them all a good wipe with a cloth, a wipe with a flux pen and they soldered beautifully.

Thanks again :-)
Dave