Re: Topband: A35

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A35
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:21:41 -0700
On 4/13/2014 7:25 AM, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
What Alexey was referring to was DX-peditions in the Pacific (FT5ZM was the Indian Ocean and produce some interesting antipodal paths favoring the Midwest ) and I would agree with Alexey that most operations in the Pacific have been very hard to work or even hear on TopBand from this area.

I recently heard two presentations from the FT5ZM team. They were paying very careful attention to grey line propagation to work the eastern half of NA at our sunset, and the western half at our sunrise. From my QTH near San Francisco, I could hear the east coast guys working them in that time frame. K9CT showed a time lapse video of 160M QSOs to North America that moved east to west during those periods.

73, Jim