Re: Topband: Ladder line vs coax loss epiphany

To: Eric NO3M <no3m@no3m.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ladder line vs coax loss epiphany
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 19:53:12 +0000
I use strips of 1/16" polycarbonate, about 5/16" wide by 4" long, with 1/16"
holes punched near the ends and a slit cut for wire insertion, as spacers for
my #14 solid wires. Has held up to the weather and UV just fine over past 5
years.

I made some initial plastic spacers using drill press and saw but for me, the
real timesaving breakthrough in making the spacers, was figuring out that snips
cut the polycarbonate sheet just fine, and the Roper Whitney #5 does the holes
like magic. I love that thing.

http://www.roperwhitney.com/store/shop/no-5-jr-hand-punch/

Tim N3QE