Re: Topband: AM broadcast tower and 160m dxpedition

To: gm3poi2@btinternet.com
Subject: Re: Topband: AM broadcast tower and 160m dxpedition
From: "n2kw@juno.com" <n2kw@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 23:05:02 GMT
The advantages of Vertical polarization under these circumstances is a given,
but don't overlook the class of antennas that Sevick classified as "SCV" A
"Self Contained Vertical" can be as simple as a corner-fed Delta loop, or a
"Double L"  Using the tower as a high support for a loop sounds easier than
installing a radial field.  NCJ did a three-part series a few years back. I
guess a lot depends upon the guarantee of future access ? N2KW