Re: Topband: Rig Comparisons

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, "'Michael St. Angelo'" <mstangelo@comcast.net>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "'TopBand'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Comparisons
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 19:06:03 -0400
It really doesn't matter how much power the amplifier is outputting.   A
simple explanation is that a sample of the output is inversely fed back and
combined with the input.   As was mentioned before, this method has been
around for a long time.  When you fly into an airport, the FAA radios that
the towers use have a Cartesian loop that does just this and these are 100
watt amps.  You wouldn't normally need that on AM, but the current day FAA
radios were designed to send 64 QAM data, so linearity is a must.
It's not new or difficult, but it does cost more.

Jim - KR9U