Topband: 140' Self Support Tower-How to use for 160M?

To: Topband@Contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 140' Self Support Tower-How to use for 160M?
From: "Hugh Valentine" <hsvdds@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:43:48 GMT
OK,I hope a few Gurus come out of the woodwork on this. Given a 140' Self
support Rohn SSTV starting with a 9N base (about 6' on a leg) section, a 20'
high building 8' to the south of the tower approx 100X120', what are the
possibilities to use this tower/setup to produce a good signal on Top Band?
There is a pulley at 120' with a rope attached.A 105' crane for antenna work is
available.Operating room for Transmitter is about 30' from the tower and inside
the building so coax run is very short. Would you?:(A) Use pulley to support a
wire antenna of what type?(B) Shunt feed Tower with a Gamma or Omega match and
use a few elevated Radials at 20' non-symmetrical?  However, you must lay the
radials on the roof line or perimeter. Where is all this gray matter when I
need it?  All suggestions welcomed.ValN4RJ
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat This!&#41;
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53e803d9553883d92638st02vuc